Fallen Prime Minister Najib Razak is the chairman of an advisory committee that will give Barisan Nasional tips and thoughts on how to win the 15th General Elections.
Najib was the 1MDB advisory chair person and Malaysia had to dissolve the 1MDB advisory board after the explosion of a scandal involving the billions of ringgit stolen from the sovereign fund.
For what its worth, ex-Minister Nazri Aziz a known Najib loyalist says it is not a good thing for Umno that his ex-boss is now BN advisory chair.
“We lost under Najib what kind of advise can he give us?” he reportedly say.
Never admitting his guilt in the 1MDB saga, Najib did say on a rare occasion he regretted certain decisions he took for 1MDB, adding they could have better safeguards.
“Probably in the execution of 1MDB, we should have put in more safeguards to ensure transparency, good governance and accountability. I regret not doing this as a lot of things went wrong,” he said in the interview with Malaysiakini.
Thats the nearest Najib came to admitting guilt in the 1MDB scandal.
- This is the same Najib who brought the BN down and got 1MDB into big trouble across the globe.
- Malaysia became known for the kleptocracy and biggest money laundering scandal in the history of mankind. A record that will be hard to break.
- The American Department of Justice is hunting down culprits in the 1MDB scandal to recover stolen funds.
- The DOJ has already recovered millions from artists, movie makers or businessmen.
- Malaysia is suing the well known Goldman Sachs bank for its role in the 1MDB scandal.
- Singapore has already taken action against some of the major players in the scandal, barring many of those involved from doing business or trading and working in the tiny republic.
- The 1MDB case is set for August this year in Malaysia and will see Najib sitting in the box, taking the heat for the ‘errors’ he admits but he will surely deny everything in court.
This is just a short list of why Najib should not be the adviser to the BN, the only opposition we have together with the PAS that could challenge the Pakatan Harapan.